Milk baths have been practiced since ancient Egyptian times infamously by queen Cleopatra who was known amongst other things to have smooth, supple and radiant skin. They were her daily regiment! A luxury befitting a queen right? Well you too can make your very own luxurious milk bath at home for a very affordable price.
DIY Lavender and Coconut Milk Bath
4 sachets of Graces coconut milk powder/ 2 cans of coconut milk for a creamy bath.*
1 pack of lavender buds/ 6-8 drops Lavender essential oil.**
Lavender scented candles.
*Use UNSWEETENED COCONUT MILK, if possible buy organic coconut milk. Coconut milk can be found at your local grocery store.
**Essential oils are very powerful don’t use more than 8 drops. I purchased my lavender flower buds from Hobby craft for £4.
1. Run warm bath water and slowly add the coconut milk and lavender….To detoxify its important to make sure that the water is hot to make you sweat as the process of sweating allows you to release toxins from your body.
2. Relax and inhale the invigorating lavender and coconut aroma.
Benefits of a lavender coconut milk.
The coconut milk
- Cleanses and moisturizes the skin.
- Acts as a gentle skin exfoliant.
- Forms a chemical barrier to prevent infections.
- Has anti fungal properties.
- Known to soothe symptoms of skin conditions such eczema and dermatitis due to its anti inflammatory effects
- Contains properties that hydrate and moisturize the skin.
- Eases pain caused by sun burns.
- Has anti ageing properties.
- Has anti fungal and anti inflammatory properties.
- Has toning properties that allow the skin to become firmer
- Acts as a blood circulation stimulant to the skin. It allows the delivery of oxygen to cells hence renewal of skin cells.
- Helps soothe the symptoms of colds or coughs.
<img src=”https://charlottematiba.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/20140830-203542.jpg” alt=”20140830-203542.jpg” class=”alignnone size-full”